Sex is great and I don’t need to tell you why it is enjoyable. Not only does it create a sense of intimacy and with the right partner – closeness but it also has a wide range of benefits to your health and well being. Regular healthy sex can lift a mood and create a sense of euphoria at least for a little while. But did you know that sex can also be beneficial in many other health related ways. In this article we’ll show you why sex is good for your health and give you an excuse (if you need one) to spend more time between the sheets with your other half.
1. A good orgasm relieves pent up tension. The quicker heartbeat and the rapid increase of blood flow that result in an orgasm all help to relieve tension in your body and is beneficial to your nervous system.
2. The endorphins that are released during sleep can actually help you sleep better.
3. Good sex can help reduce your food cravings. Sex activates the chemical phenetylaminewhich is responsible for curbing your appetite.
4. Obviously sex is a form of exercise so it can help you burn calories. Try longer more vigorous sessions of love making to burn even more calories.
5. Got a headache? Try a bout of love making as the endorphins that are released act as a type of painkiller, thus helping you manage any pain. No longer shall you use the excuse ‘not tonight dear, I have a headache’.
6. Sex lowers your risk of a heart attack. It has been proven that individuals who have sex twice a week have a lower risk of heart attack than those who have it once a week or less.
7. Those who have sex regularly tend to live longer.
So what you waiting for? Go get healthy while having fun!